7 things you may not have known about me.
1. Tried suicide at 16 and thought about it a few times before the birth of my daughter when I was 28. Never since.
2. In 2002 Boyd & Nicholas, Inc. was 15 minutes from bankruptcy.
3. My kidney cancer is a blessing. It caused B&N to become part of Simione in 2014 and my greater appreciation of wife, family, friends and life.
4. Even at my age I sometimes regret not becoming the CPA my mother wanted me to be or the army officer I thought my father wanted me to be. Ironic in that neither event would have changed our relationships.
5. I can’t help but feel that I failed my kids as none of them completed college. I believe their lives would be better had they done so.
6. I deeply regret my treatment of Susan, the first love of my life. We should have talked about Elaine.
7. I am scared of retirement. Is there life after work? My thinking, my readings, my social interactions are mostly within the work arena.